Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've lost my mind! Perfect Points??

Well, crazy me has joined another BOM.  This one from Connecting Threads http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/   I'm doing the Perfect Points Quilt Along.  http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/group/perfect-points-quilt-along.  Above is part of Lesson 1.  As someone who has been sewing all her life and has made complicated clothing and other items, you'd think this would be a breeze for me.  Well, let me tell you...the breeze is a 90-mile-an-hour gust and I'm stressing like crazy!  These are small pieces...I usually work with larger pieces.  These are precise cutting and sewing...most of my quilts have been very forgiving.  This little 8.5 inch block took me hours!  But look at those points!!!  Nice and sharp and placed very well.

I'm working on flying geese now.  I'm using a technique suggested by the teacher to cut the pieces a bit larger then cut down to size as you go.  This worked pretty well with the square in a square block, but I'm having problems with the geese.  The quarter inch seam at the point is coming up a bit narrow.  Next goose will get that seam and point marked and I'll align everything with the mark and see how that works.  Of course, all the pieces have been cut out already for lesson 1 and who wants to trim down a jillion little pieces???  Well, maybe not a jillion....

No comments:

Post a Comment