Well, these are the last blocks for this quilt. We were to do a bunch of HSTs and some Flying Geese to fill in a few areas. The original quilt has an outer border of HSTs. Mine won't as I didn't care for that look on this quilt.
Hey! I used my Deb Tucker's Wing Clipper on these flying geese. WooHoo...finally used it!! Works great!
Hopefully, you'll see a shot of the top put together soon. Probably not this month. I'm off to the Houston Quilt Show later this month and staying with my friend a couple weeks. Won't be taking this top to work on at her house. I'll need my quiet time to think about how to put this one together and fill in gaps.
Not much more to go. I'm quilting the blocks, the last thing to quilt on this one. Here's a couple of pictures.
I wanted to do the border in arches...but, alas, my arches were horrid...so I did a bit of frog stitching! So I decided to repeat the ribbon quilting that is surrounding the feathers on the black center area. I went sorta crazy with this, but I like it!
Feather Circle in blocks
Each of the blocks will have a circle of feathers using the same lime green as is in the border ribbon.
Bailey15 performed very well with this quilt. Only giving me problems with the last few blocks. I don't think it much cares for King Tut. And I had a heck of a time trying to keep the black bobbin thread from showing on top. Lots of fuzz to clean out of Bailey15. I stopped a couple times during the quilting process to clean and give a drink of oil. It is once again sounding pretty rough, so will need to do a thorough cleaning before I load the next quilt.