We worked with the hemmer feet this month. Once you get comfortable with where to place your fingers and how to hold the fabric as it feeds through, a good looking hem is possible. I played with a couple different stitches with the cotton weight fabric (floral) and with the narrow hem on the batiste fabric (pale green), created a small scallop.
April's Foot Book - Hemmers
I got a bit of puckering on the scalloped hem because I was using too heavy a thread for the fabric. I've been using Sulky's Blendables 30 wt cotton for most of the pages. Should have used a fine thread...but it was at home and I wasn't! haha
Mini book with pictures of the feet.
Bernina has lots of these hemmer feet. I have only 2 - the 66 and 69.
It's still April and I got the block done! WooHoo! This has been a very busy month for me and the projects I have been working on have been for classes or others. Check out my Stitching With Sue Project Photos link on the right side of the page to see what I've been working on.
Craftsy 2013 BOM - April
This block was supposed to have the corners sewn into the dresden circle. I opted to applique both circles, first sewing them to a lining, then trimming away the excess background fabric behind the circles. This block is 18.5 inches unfinished.