Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How many Half Square Triangles did you say??????

January's HST Block
Sigh...I'm a gonner now for sure!  I made the mistake of doing a search for 2012 Block of the Month quilts.  I found a site that lists them all!!!  This gal has taken the time to make a list of all the BOMs for 2012 she could find on the web.  She even categorized them!  Bless her heart!!  If you dare....here's her site: http://blog.ajpadilla.com/free-2012-bom/

I found 3 BOMs that caught my eye.  Two are piecing, one is another free motion.  I decided to begin with this one and see how it goes.  A quilt made up entirely of half square triangles (HST).  From my stash, I'm using a couple of 10" layer cakes.  Same fabrics in both. I may not need but one cake...we'll see.  The cake fabric, according to the label, is Road to Marrakech by Lantz (I think...tiny print!).  I picked these up a couple years ago when I was at the Paducah quilt show. 

So, go check out the site that's doing this HST BOM, In Color Order, here: http://incolororder.blogspot.com/p/block-of-month.html

No comments:

Post a Comment