Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Retreat Paper Piecing Failure!!

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the retreat and loved every minute, I didn't get done what I thought I would!  I first tried working on the paper pieced Summer Quilt.  Oh, how I struggled with that!  After doing more frog stitching than paper piecing and working hours, I only got 2 blocks done!!! Sigh....  I came to the conclusion that I'm not yet confident enough in my paper piecing to work on these with all the wonderful retreat distractions going on.  So I put aside this and pulled out a flannel quilt kit that I had packed at the last minute.  I got the top completed.  WooHoo!!!!
Blue & White Flannel
 A very simple quilt, of course!  But won't it be nice and cozy this winter????!!!!

Then I began working on the Christmas Star Strip quilt.  I got all the strip blocks sewn and have most of the sashing pieces completed.  I laid out some of the blocks and sashing and snapped a picture.
Christmas Star Strip blocks/sashing
I hope to get this done before Christmas this year.  I'm loving this quilt!!

If you get the chance to go to a retreat, definitely go!!  So relaxing, so fun, do what you want when you want.  Not to mention meeting new friends and seeing all the eye candy that everyone works on.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment