Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Other New Quilt BOW

This second quilt started on September 12 and is........ready???  a Modern Mystery Quilt!  So outside my comfort zone!  But why not?  I've seen some modern quilts that I rather like and I always like learning something new.  This quilt is from the American Quilter's Society.  Information and the 1st block is here:
http://www.quiltviews.com/modern-mystery-quilt-part-1.

First is fabric choice.  I have some here that I've decided to use, but I need to get more.  This line of  fabric is Camelot by Jason Yenter for In the Beginning.  Pretty, huh!
Camelot - In the Beginning Fabrics
I want to use the light green (2nd from right) as the background fabric and purchase another darker green to replace it.  I doubt I can find this exact light green print, but I should be able to match the color.  I have another fabric in this line for the backing.  We were told we needed 3 yards of light (or dark) background and assorted dark (or light) fabrics.  We need a total of 4 yards for the assorted fabrics.  I may  throw in some solid colors, too, that I have in my stash to break up the 'busy'.  This is the most modern-looking fabric that I have and I just love these fabrics!  They hinted that there will be some curved piecing, too.  Should be a fun quilt.

Hopefully, I can get links and stuff up soon so that it will be easier to follow these posts on the weekly blocks.

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment