Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Retreat Project #2

I spent a good amount of the day yesterday coming up with another project to work on during the retreat.  I'm thinking...as much as I love paper piecing, I don't think I can work on this non stop without losing my mind!!  So...I remembered I had purchased a jelly roll and a couple of charm packs in Christmas fabric - Moda's Jovial collection, actually.  Surely I could come up with that was fairly mindless to sew on while taking a break from concentrating on paper pieceing.

After playing around in EQ7 for hours (and loving every minute of it!!), I decided on this simple quilt.  After seeing the picture, I see that I have to make sure I don't have any red strips on the outside of a block!  But you get the jest of the quilt, I hope.

Christmas Star Strip

Pretty mindless, don't you think???

Ok, I can now get back to what I was supposed to be doing yesterday....working on that second test block for the Summer Quilt!!

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment