Friday, July 6, 2012

FMQ- July Final

The challenge this month was fun - making quilt tiles.  I found I cannot sew a straight line free motion, so I drew out my tile lines prior to quilting.  Maybe one day, but unlike regular sewing, where I can eyeball a straight line, I can't seem to do that with those feed dogs dropped!!

So, here's my last practice piece on the fabric that will become a block keeper.  I'm using variegated thread on a dark olive green fabric.  In order for anything to show up, I had to change the color intensity.
The whole fabric piece quilted
Closeup of tiles
And in variegated thread on WHITE fabric!!!  Here is my challenge block.

July FMQ Challenge
I think this makes a very unique pretty look on a large piece of fabric, don't you?

Keep on stitchin'!

8 comments:

  1. Your tiles look really nice. Glad to hear you like this design and Angela's tutorial.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. I am so glad I decided to take this challenge. I have more confidence now and I can actually see an improvement in my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your filler design, too -- it reminds me of those little pinwheels that my grandmother gave us to play with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, yes! Whirly-wigs, I think they were called!

    Thanks so much Rebecca and Marjorie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the comments and support to this fledgling FMQer! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete