Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Funky Chicken - July Block

Another great Funky Chicken from Fat Cat Patterns!  This one uses stitches from both the Bernina Cutwork Software as well as the Bernina Embroidery Software.
July Funky Chicken
July Close up
A big hat's off and wave to Trish who made using the Cutwork stitches easier to manipulate in the Embroidery software.  Pssst...I got Trish hooked on doing these adorable chickens, too! <giggles>

Guess I'm caught up on July BOMs now.  I'll look around my sewing room and see what I want...er...what needs to be worked on!  Maybe I'll do August's Carol Doak block......I don't really see that pile of unfinished mess over there in the corner........

Keep on stitchin'!

7 comments:

  1. Waving back!! You certainly did - and I have my July chicken ready to stitch - but have been side tracked on digitising the 'next' one!!

    Yours looks amazing - as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - Your Funky Chicken blocks are ADORABLE! How large are they? I'm wondering if I could work on this digitizing project myself and stitch them out in the large oval hoop on my B70? Claudia W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia. Thanks! These are such fun! The finished block is the same size as the Fat Cat Pattern - 16" including borders. The center block with the chickens is 12" finished. I am doing these in one hooping using the Jumbo hoop and my Bernina 830. You would need to split the files into sections for the large oval hoop. This particular chicken would take probably 4-5 hoopings. I got this number by holding the plastic template over my finished embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, Sue. Hmmm. I don't really enjoy multi-hooping. If I were to tackle this project, I'm thinking I'd make the blocks small enough to do in the large oval or mega hoop. But then the decorative stitches might be too large or too dense if I made them smaller. I'll have to noodle on that....
    Claudia W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I love this funky chicken! Great job.

    ~Jennifer
    http://thequiltedcat.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer. Thanks! These are really fun to do and I've gotten quite quick at digitizing the appliques...as long as I don't audition stitch after stitch after stitch! haha

    ReplyDelete