This month we are doing Dresden blocks. This first block is traditional-looking with the pointed blade. I didn't have any Dresden blade templates in my stash and the wedge rulers I do have were not the correct angle. So I made cardboard templates. Pffffttt!!! I've sure gotten spoiled to acrylic templates! Still used my rotary cutter with the cardboard templates and only sliced off a little on one end of one of the templates. Thank goodness I have acrylic templates for circles!! The blades for this block are cut 4".
July Block 1
I used monofilament thread to applique the inner circle and outer blades. I adjusted one of the blind hem stitches on my machine to a very small stitch length with a narrow bite. (Bernina folks, I used #3, width and length = 1.1. I also mirror imaged so the bite was on the left.) This gave me a stitch that is practicaly impossible to see.
Working on the second block today. Still a Dresden block, but it looks totally different.