Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Craftsy - July Block 1

This month we are doing Dresden blocks.  This first block is traditional-looking with the pointed blade.  I didn't have any Dresden blade templates in my stash and the wedge rulers I do have were not the correct angle.  So I made cardboard templates.  Pffffttt!!!  I've sure gotten spoiled to acrylic templates!  Still used my rotary cutter with the cardboard templates and only sliced off a little on one end of one of the templates.  Thank goodness I have acrylic templates for circles!! The blades for this block are cut 4".

July Block 1
I used monofilament thread to applique the inner circle and outer blades.  I adjusted one of  the blind hem stitches on my machine to a very small stitch length with a narrow bite.  (Bernina folks, I used #3, width and length = 1.1.  I also mirror imaged so the bite was on the left.)  This gave me a stitch that is practicaly impossible to see.

Working on the second block today.  Still a Dresden block, but it looks totally different.

Keep on stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment