Friday, June 15, 2012

Juki Cover Test Quilting

Well, it's very apparent that I won't be using the Juki & frame as I had planned to quilt this little quilt. 

Worse than Ugly...it's UUUUUUUUUUgly!!!
Two problems with using the frame and Juki.  One, there isn't enough throat space to get the whole 8 inch block done.  That I could deal with probably, but the second major problem is that the machine seems to roll over a bump or something.  It gets just a tiny bit harder to maneuver, then it releases...which causes a jerk.  Sometimes a little one and sometimes a larger one.  So I guess the Juki set up will be relegated to all over quilting, which it seems to handle very well.  All the tiny movements in this block gave me lots of jerky moves...not all of which were my jerks! LOL  With practice I could make this block look a lot better, most likely, but I don't think I would ever be satisfied with the result on the Juki & frame.  In my next life I will have a full-grown quilting frame and machine!

I will be using my 830 to quilt this cover.  Check out the FMQ section to see how pretty this quilt block looks done on a sewing machine.

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment