Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fat Cat Patterns - June Funky Chicken

I like this adorable plump chicken!!  I think I've said it before, but creating these Funky Chicken blocks each month is just plain FUN!!

I did something a little different this time in the digitizing and trimming.  I scooted the decorative stitch out a bit and didn't trim the fabric as closely to see if I could get a better looking cover stitch.  Remember, I'm hand trimming these appliques rather than using the Bernina Cutwork Tool.  This makes half or more of the decorative stitch off of the stitched applique, but still keeps applique fabric under the stitches...well that was my intention, anyway.  Most turned out pretty good, but I'm still not satisfied.  Will I ever be???  Maybe by the time the 12th BOM is done.....Ya think??? LOL 


June 2012
June 2012 Closeup
By the way, Fat Cat Patterns has a new free BOM that started this month.  The cutest little angels or fairies -  just reverse the fabric colors to get one or the other.  I'm saving them and hopefully one day will make a little girl's quilt for the Linus Project.  Check it out!  http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/

Keep on stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment