Monday, May 14, 2012

Paper Piecing Block 2

This is the second block that will go into the Juki Cover quilt.  I'll be making 20 of each of these blocks.  As you can tell, the only difference is that I've rotated the 4 smaller blocks for a different look.

I discovered one of the mistakes I was making was how I trimmed the smaller blocks.  I trimmed along the printed line for the first block and things didn't line up so well.  One of the members of Carol Doak's Yahoo group told me to line up the seam line and trim 1/4" from that.  This block looks much better.

Block 2
By the way.  Carol has just started a Mystery BOM on her Yahoo group.  Why not join the group and make the quilt along with me?  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CarolDoakQuiltingGroup/

Keep on stitching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment