Monday, December 24, 2012

Funky Chicken - December Done!!

WooHoo!  Yippee!!! I have completed all the blocks for the Funky Chicken quilt!  I'm looking forward to doing the quilting on this quilt.  I will be doing it either block by block, or vertical strip by strip.  I'm leaning towards sewing 4 vertical blocks for 3 strips and quilting each of these before putting together. That will leave me with only 2 seams to do after the quilting is done.
Dec Funky Chicken

Dec Chick - Closeup
The quilting that I have decided to do will be free motion done on my Bernina 830.  I'll do pebbles on the lower portion and a larger, more open swirl-something on the top.  I also plan to do a bit of detail quilting in matching thread color on the chickens themselves.

I have enjoyed working on these blocks so much throughout the year.  They were just FUN!!!!  A big shout out and thank you to Fat Cat Patterns for providing these wonderful blocks each month.  Just in case anyone missed it with the first block I posted, the original patterns are for hand/machine applique. I digitized the embroidery stitches on these blocks for my own use and they will not be shared or sold.

Keep On Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment