Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Challenge Hexagon Block

April Block 2
I'm going to be seeing hexagons in my sleep tonight!  There are 25 of these little 3/4" boogers!!  The large one is a 2" hexagon.  I put 5 of the small ones together and arranged 5 groups of them swirled around the large center one.  Ya think I just magically designed this?  Nope, I used my Bernina Embroidery Software!  After I got what I thought was a pleasing group of 5, I used the wreath tool to get the look I liked.  Yep, took me several tries and undos, but so much easier than moving the little things around by hand, don't you think?

I have decided I'm not that fond of English Paper Piecing and hexagons.  Love the look but a bit too fiddly for me.  Again, no hand sewing for me, all is stitched with monofilament thread on my machine.  But I learned a new technique and that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment