Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quilting the BlockBase Sew Along Quilt

I've been quilting some Saturday and Sunday and am surprised at how fast this is going!  I've ditched stitched around the colored blocks and in the borders.  Next I did some feather stitching and a bit of ribbon scrolls around the colored blocks.  Since this picture was taken, I've done a simple back and forth on the black/white inner border.

BlockBaseSewAlong-Feathers
I have rolled this quilt numerous times. Good thing it's a small quilt!!  First using black Marathon poly 60wt thread in needle and bobbin to stitch in the ditch.  Then a roll using black 50wt cotton quilting thread from Connecting Threads in the needle to do the feathers and ribbon. Then twice using 40 wt poly black/white variegated in the inner border.  Next will be another roll or two to do the outer border.  I'm drawing in the design first, then will quilt using lime green quilting thread from Superior - King Tut Lime Stone.  By then I hope inspiration has struck for inside each colored block.  I think I want to use the same lime green, but what to quilt...I have no clue yet!

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment