Wednesday, October 2, 2013

BlockBase Sew Along - Almost done!

Not much more to go.  I'm quilting the blocks, the last thing to quilt on this one.  Here's a couple of pictures.
Ribbon Border
 I wanted to do the border in arches...but, alas, my arches were I did a bit of frog stitching!  So I decided to repeat the ribbon quilting that is surrounding the feathers on the black center area.  I went sorta crazy with this, but I like it!
Feather Circle in blocks
Each of the blocks will have a circle of feathers using the same lime green as is in the border ribbon.

Bailey15 performed very well with this quilt.  Only giving me problems with the last few blocks.  I don't think it much cares for King Tut.  And I had a heck of a time trying to keep the black bobbin thread from showing on top.  Lots of fuzz to clean out of Bailey15.  I stopped a couple times during the quilting process to clean and give a drink of oil.  It is once again sounding pretty rough, so will need to do a thorough cleaning before I load the next quilt.

Next picture will be the finished quilt!!!

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment