Sunday, September 15, 2013

Another Carol Doak BOM!

Carol has started another BOM on her Yahoo group.  This one is not a mystery quilt.  She has given us the layout of the quilt, but not what each month's blocks will look like.  The layout is one of those uneven, different sized blocks. 
Rather than give us yardage amounts, she has declared this quilt a scrappy one.  EEEEEKK!!!  I don't do scrappy quilts, but how can I not do this BOM???  Hmmmm???  So I start looking through my stash trying to pick out fabrics for the first block and immediately get overwhelmed and confused.  I NEED to match, I NEED to coordinate..I can't do this!!! 
Light Bulb Moment!!!!  I remembered that I had 12 one yard pieces of fabric that I had purchased with the intent of making 2 1/2" strips for a jelly roll quilt.  Perfect!  These 12 sorta coordinate and will still give me the scrappy look.  WooHoo!  I can do a coordinated scrappy quilt!  Also found a couple of cream colored backgrounds that I can use.

Scrap Scramble - September
So here's the first of the Scrap Scramble BOM and 6 of the 12 fabrics that I will use.  Come join in on the fun.  September is the first block.  Click on the Carol Doak Paper Piecing link on the right.

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment