Monday, June 17, 2013

Craftsy 2012 Mystery Quilt

You will find this post on both Projects in Progress and Quilting since I began posting info about this quilt on the PIP page.

The quilting is complete!  All I need to do now is the binding.  Here's a sneak peak:
Quilting done, binding still to do.
Altho it looks great in the picture, it is so...ummm...UN-perfect! haha  I did the best I could, but I can tell you, free motioning a large quilt on a domestic machine, even with the huge harp of the Bernina 830, is not easy!!  I'm sure I would get better with practice, but I hate dealing with the rest of the quilt I'm not quilting.  I re-arrange, I fluff, I pool, I adjust and re-adjust....and I really dislike it immensely.  No, not the quilt, I like that, but I don't like wrangling a quilt on a table top.  I enjoy doing smaller projects, though.

Anyway, as soon as I get it bound and finished, I'll post pics of the whole front and back and maybe even a closeup showing how un-perfect it really is! LOL

Keep on Stitchin'!

2 comments:

  1. Great fabric choices, Looks flawless to me. You know I used to worry about every little stitch until I started going into quilt shops and really looking at the display pieces....UMMM..they aren't perfect either. Even in Lanacaster PA I found flaws. I took my non quilting friend to a quilt show and she started picking out flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry,I missed this post somehow! We are our own worst critics. Hopefully, my free motion will only get better with practice. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete