Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jelly Roll Quilt is Finished-Almost!

I have finished quilting the Jelly Roll Race quilt, the label is in place and it is bound.  So it could be finished...but I want to do some embellishment to the front eventually, so I'll say it's finished, almost.  Rather like that song Call Me, Maybe!
Jelly Roll Race Quilt 
 I tried to get a good closeup to show the quilting.  I had to fade out the colors a little for the stitching to show.  I quilted this using  my frame & Juki following a pantogram.  The thread color is a sage green.  It blended so well with all the fabrics in the quilt.
Closeup of quilting
The other day, I embroidered labels for most of the BOM quilts I did in 2012.  For the Jelly Roll quilt, light blue thread on darker blue fabric.
Embroidered Label
Now I'm ready to start free motion quilting the 2012 Craftsy Mystery Quilt using my Bernina 830 machine!!!  Need to decide on thread color.  Intimidated and excited to work on this quilt......

Keep on Stitchin'!!






No comments:

Post a Comment