Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Jester Hat FMQ

I've been making Jester Hats!!  Our challenge teacher for August is Wendy Sheppard and she is another wonderful quilter!  Her tutorial is a design resembling the top of a Jester's hat.  It is  fun to do once you get into the rhythm.   I think I will do a version of this on the Jelly Roll Race Quilt using my frame and Juki.

I practiced on a project to hold a curling iron and wanted to snap a couple of photos before finishing it up.  The wrong side shows the stitches much better.

Jester Hats FMQ - right side


Jester Hats FMQ - wrong side
This was really thick to quilt on...it has a layer of batting as well as a layer of Insulbrite.  Even so, I am pleased with my quilting and keeping the stitch lengths about the same.

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment