Sunday, February 26, 2012

CHICKENS!!!!!!



January 2012






February 2012



I'm on a roll with these BOMs this year!  WooHoo!  This BOM Funky Chicken is from http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/.  I had thought to simply download and save these monthly applique patterns as I didn't think I'd find the time to make them this year.  Then I thought....What If???  What if I digitized these for applique and sew these out in the Jumbo hoop for the Bernina 830??  So I present January and February Funky Chicken Blocks.  Hopefully you can see some of the stitches in the closeups.
Before anyone asks...these patterns belong to FatCat Patterns and the digitizing is for me, myself, and I only.  Take a peak on the FatCat site and see all the wonderful applique designs she has...many free!

I plan to use some of the free motion fills that I'll be learning this year around these adorable chickens.  Some of the fancy stitches came from the Bernina Embroidery Software V6 and others came from Bernina Cutwork Tool.  I love all those stitches in the Cutwork Tool.  I did not cut out the shapes with the Cutwork Tool, choosing to trim by hand as they stitched out.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely funky Chickens, Sue and well done with the FMQ - you are well ahead of me. The stitch length is tough - but I am getting better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy. I'm crossing my fingers that I can keep up the keeping up for the whole year!

    ReplyDelete