Thursday, August 29, 2013

Completed tops!!

I went to a retreat over the last weekend and actually got quite a bit accomplished.  I'm so pleased with myself!! LOL  If you remember, at my first retreat, I got hardly anything done.  This year I put together 2 tops from last year's BOM overload, as well as nearly half complete of the Christmas Quilt that I didn't get done at last year's retreat.  So..........
BlockBase Sew Along 2012
I wanted the blocks to float on the black, so no points touch the seams and I tilted every other block.  Blocks are all batiks on solid black background as is the outer boarder.  The inner border is a black with white swirls batik.

Funky Chicken!!
Funky Chickens from fatcatpatterns.com  still makes me smile! I used different colors in the cornerstones, solid black sashing and inner border and a black confetti for the outer border.
Funky Chicken border fabric
I had to wash out the colors a bit in the picture to get the colors to show on the border fabric.  It's really a pretty fabric with all the bright colored confetti.

Christmas Quilt about half complete
I got the upper left diagonal portion sewn together.  The lower right diagonal is just laid out on the floor and there are pins keeping pieces together.  I have also turned under the inset triangles (they are full blocks to be trimmed down) and there are no corner pieces sewn on yet.  And of course, no borders yet.

All in all a very successful retreat.  Can hardly wait until next year!  Until then, I have plenty of tops to keep the Bailey15 busy.

Keep on Stitchin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment