Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Modern Mystery Quilt - Week 3

Finally finished up Week 3 rectangles.  Weeks 4 & 5 have already been released, so I'm rather behind!  But I need to put this quilt aside and get to work on the other BOMs for October.  I'll be taking the mystery quilt with me when I go to Houston in a couple weeks - I'll have the final instructions by then.  I'll be there staying with a friend for 2 weeks of sewing, quilting, yakking, International Quilt Show, sewing, quilting, yakking.......FUN!!!
Modern Mystery-Week 3
These rectangles are similar to Week 1, but they have another round of strips.  Again, this was so time consuming.  I finally quit stressing about sizes of strips and decided what would be would be!  But still took a lot of time.  Choose a fabric and cut a strip between X & Y in size.  Choose a different fabric, cut 2 strips, sew to top and bottom, press, trim between X & Y.  Choose another fabric, cut 2 strips, sew to sides, press, trim between X & Y.  Repeat.  I'm just glad to get these behind me.

Most likely, this will be the only modern quilt I'll make.  I don't enjoy this process like I do making traditional blocks.  But I've done something I've not done before, like it or not...and that's a good thing, right??!!

Keep on Stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment